Diploma: Research Scientist in Organic chemistry, Institution: Taras Shevchenko Kiev National University, grade 4.5 (5-point system), June 1981.
Ph.D. in Chemistry (Specialization in Polymer Chemistry), Institution: Taras Shevchenko Kiev National University, April 1992.
Dr. of Sci. in Polymer Chemistry, Institution: Taras Shevchenko Kiev National University, 2008.
Professor in Polymer Chemistry since 2014 at the Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
1983-1989 – Senior Engineer at IMC NASU;
1989-1992 – Junior Researcher at IMC NASU;
1992 –1996 – Researcher, IMC NASU;
1996-2008 – Senior Researcher, IMC NAS of Ukraine;
since 2009 – until present, Head of Department of Polymers Modification at IMC NASU.
Specialization in: Supramolecular Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry; Cyclodextrin chemistry (development of inclusion complexes, synthesis of functionalized cyclodextrins and polymers on their base); Functionalised polymers: Natural polymers and their compositions (starch, chitosan, cellulose); Biodegradable polymers, their modification and characterization.
Experience and skills:
expert in Polymer and Supramolecular chemistry, especially in natural polymers and cyclodextrin chemistry (development of inclusion complexes, synthesis of functionalized cyclodextrins and polymers on their base).
Teachers courses: polymer chemistry, chemistry of natural polymers, cyclodextrin chemistry
Publications: more than 350 publications, including 145 papers and three book chapters, 15 Ukrainian patents and two books in Ukrainian.
Co-author of two books (guide for students):
1. Macromolecular compounds, Horoshilova T.I., Hromishev V.O. and S. Riabov, issued by Melitopol State Pedagogical University, 2013. – 178 p.
2. Nanochemistry, Horoshilova T.I., Hromishev V.O., S. Riabov and Hromisheva O.O., issued by Melitopol State Pedagogical University, 2014. – 204 p.
Grants: Grant of the Royal Society (United Kingdom), Research Fellow at the Manchester Metropolitan University (1999); Grant of the Royal Society (United Kingdom), Research Fellow at the Manchester Metropolitan University (2001).
Project manager of many Ukrainian and international projects, including:
1. Research contract between IMC NASU and TNO Industries (the Netherlands) «Development of novel materials for firemen boots”, № FS-9.2, 01.10.97.
2. Research contract between IMC NASU and TNO Industries (the Netherlands) «Elaboration of novel fire resistant and thermo-stable polymers for special needs” FS-9, 1.11.1998.
3. Research Project between IMC NASU and TNO Industries (the Netherlands) and PARADOCS Group B.V. (the Netherlands) „Feasibility study on development and production possibilities of a Chemo-sensor”, Contract № 5-2002, 17.09.2002, (collaborators IOCh NASU and ISP NASU).
4. INCO-COPERNICUS Project ICA2-CT-2000-10052 „Polymeric Materials based on Functionalised Cyclodextrins for Water Decontamination” (2003-2005).
5. STCU Project № 3643 (2006-2009) “Development of chemosensor materials and equipment for detection toxic substances and pollutants in the environment”
Selected recent publications:
- Radchenko O., Sinelnikov S., Moskalenko O., Riabov S. Nanocomposites based on titanium dioxide, modified by b-cyclodextrin containing copolymers // J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 2018, 135, p.46373-46381.
- Demchenko V., Riabov S., Rybalchenko N., Shtompel’ V. Structure, Morphology and Properties of Copper-containing Polymer Nanocomposites // Nanophysics, Nanomaterials, Interface Studies, and Applications. NANO 2016. Springer Proceedings in Physics – Springer, Cham, 2017, – Vol. 195, P. 641–659.
- Demchenko V., Riabov S., Rybalchenko N., Goncharenko L., Kobylinskyi S., Shtompel’ V. X-ray study of structural formation, thermomechanical and antimicrobial properties of copper-containing polymer nanocomposites obtained by the thermal reduction method // European Polymer Journal. – 2017. – Vol. 96. – P. 326–336.
- Demchenko V., Shtompel’ V., Riabov S. Nanocomposites based on interpolyelectrolyte complex and Cu/Cu2O core-shell nanoparticles: Structure, thermomechanical and electric properties // European Polymer Journal.– 2016. – 75. – P. 310–316.
- Demchenko V., Riabov S., Shtompel’ V. X-ray study of structural formation and thermomechanical properties of silver-containing polymer nanocomposites //Nanoscale Research Letters. – 2017. – Vol. 12. – P. 235–240.
- Hodyna D., Jean-Francois Bardeau, Metelytsia L., Riabov S., Kobrina L., Laptiy S., Kalashnikova L., Parkhomenko V, Tarasyuk O., Rogalsky S. Efficient Antimicrobial Activity and Reduced Toxicity of 1-Dodecyl-3-Methyl-Imidazolium Tetrafluoroborate Ionic Liquid/b-Cyclodextrin Complex // Chemical Engineering Journal, 2016, № 284, p. 1136-1145.
- Lohvynenko P.N., Moskalenko A.A., Kobasko N.I., Karsim L.O., Riabov S.V., G. Gliyeva Pecularities of quenching processes in PIB solutions of soybean oil // International Journal of Current Research, 2016, V.8, Issue, 09, p. 37833-37838.
- Lohvynenko P.N., Moskalenko A.A., Kobasko N.I., Karsim L.O., Riabov S.V. Experimental іnvestigation of the Effect of Polyisobutilene Additives to Mineral Oil on Cooling Characteristics // Materials Performance and Characterization, 2016, № 1, Vol.5, p.189-201.
- Demchenko V., Shtompel’ V., Riabov S., Lysenkov E. Constant Electric and Magnetic Fields Effect on the Structuring and Thermomechanical and Thermophysical properties of nanocomposites Formed from Pectin–Cu2+–Polyethyleneimine Interpolyelectrolyte–Metal Complexes // Nanoscale Research Letters. – 2015. – 10. – P. 479–485.